Linda Woloski, ENP
Email: [email protected]
Attention Florida NENA Members!
Have you been wanting to get more involved and have input into what Florida NENA does? Then running for office might be right for you! NENA involvement can be both fun and rewarding; plus, it is a way for anyone and everyone to help the association make a difference in OUR 9-1-1 Profession (though I won’t kid you, it is a lot of hard work)!
Nominations for FL NENA Second Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer will be accepted from July 01 to July 31, 2020. (Links to forms provided below) The new amended By-laws (pending vote for approval) will change the term to a two-year term for both the Secretary and Treasurer positions. At that point, elections for Treasurer will be held in even number years and elections for Secretary will be held in odd number years. To qualify to run for 2nd VP, you must be an ENP and maintain your ENP throughout your time on the Board. Nominations will be accepted on the Florida NENA website: https://flnena.org/Nominations_Committee. Electronic balloting will begin on August 15, 2020. You may also vote in person at the Annual Conference’s Membership Meeting, scheduled for November 16, 2020.
Nominations and voting for the Regional Vice Presidents will be done at the following quarterly meetings:
- West Florida Regional VP (WEFA): September 02, 2020, 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, Okaloosa County EOC, 90 College Blvd E, Niceville, FL 32578
- South Florida Regional VP (SOFA): September 09, 2020, 10:30 AM to 2:00 PM, St Lucie County Public Safety, 15305 W Midway Rd, Fort Pierce, FL 34945
- North Florida Regional VP (NOFA): September 03, 2020, Time and location to be determined
- Central Florida Regional VP (CEFA): September 10, 2020, Time and location to be determined
None of us anticipated what would happen this year but, like other challenges and opportunities of the past, we will get through this as a team. But teams need leaders, too, so if you have an opinion, do not sit by the sidelines and hope someone else will run and do what needs to be done. Get involved, have a voice, make a difference--run for a NENA office! This is NENA, YOUR 9-1-1 Association. If you do not want to hold an office, there are committees that you can join and be involved in, just contact the committee chairs.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about ways to get involved, please feel free to call me, Linda Draughn-Woloski at (561-312-1123) or email me at: [email protected] I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Linda Woloski, ENP
Nominating Committee Chair
- If you are nominating someone else, the nominee will still be required to complete the Qualifications Application.
- If you are nominating yourself, you need only complete the Qualifications Application